Friday 28 February 2014

Guest Blog Post

Today I bring you a guest blog post from my fellow fashion student friend Emily Audsley, this little insight into her wild thoughts will leave you questioning your styling techniques! Be warned!


The Titanic of ALL Mannequins

'So Topshop is shutting, and with nowhere else to go I tag along with my mum to Debenhams. After my mum pulls out a dress resembling a confused, dairy farm milkmaid, she redeems herself by presenting an ‘alrightish’ playsuit to me. In utter disbelief that this ‘alrightish’ garment was from quiz, I go over to look at the product in the wall. That was the very moment I lost all faith in fashion retail!  Like literally had heart palpitations.

‘Cue montage of Debenhams and play scary music as we zoom in on the god-awful concession-QUIZ’

As a previous sales advisor in the retail industry and a current fashion student I have the right and responsibility to confirm that this mannequin is horrendous. The playsuit, it’s dull but on trend, even if the blue is the same colour as my High School school jumper. The eye-gauging problem is the blind, cretinous creature that paired it with a silver necklace and diamond, dangly earrings. 
So what is wrong with this I hear you ask, well. 
1. If you having a Peter Pan collar on a playsuit in what universe do you need a necklace and dangly earrings? Not studs (which would be perfectly acceptable). Dangly earrings.
2. The playsuit is smart casual, the jewellery is prom/wedding-its like putting a tiara on a tramp!
3. Also! The playsuit is dull. Whereas the jewellery is bright enough to attract a magpie who will hopefully eat the wretched presentation of this ‘alrightish’ playsuit. 

A mannequin is supposed to sell the garment and needless to say I didn’t buy the playsuit. But hey, it’s Wakefield, it rains, were all wet, and we just spent a fortune parking in trinity walk. '

No comments:

Post a Comment